Work With Us
We’d love to have you join our team! Please use the form below to apply. Feel free to send in your resume even if you don't see the position you're looking for listed.
Waiters and Waitresses
Posted Date: 07-29-2023
Hiring Manager Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Employment Status: Full-time Regular
Primary Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Compensation: $ 10 an hour plus tips
Take orders and serve food and beverages to guests at tables in dining establishment. Maintain clean dining room at all times.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma - or the equivalent
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
English Language - Knowledge of English language including the grammar is required
Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
POS system - Knowledge or ability to learn point of sale system
- Service Orientation
- Social Skills
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active learning and listening
- Team work
- Instructing others
- Problem Solving
Primary Job Duties
- Check guests identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write guests food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Take orders from guests for food or beverages.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Serve food or beverages to guests, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations, or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.